Political Hot Spot

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Recently my life has become crazy with work. As a break, I watched American Idol. If you haven't been following (I catch it every so often) they're now down to the final three, the fourth being voted off tonite. Chris was the one who was voted off, and I feel that this is greatly unfair. In my opinion, he was the best singer on the show. Maybe I'm just prejudiced because I love rock...but still. Ryan Seacrest (the host) brought the show to a close by basically saying "America that's what you did". That made me think back to the 2004 elections. I felt the same way...like the better person had been cheated. So what was America really thinking? Did the American people really want Bush to be their president?? This lead me to the discovery of this article: the 2004 election fraud summary. This is also interesting.

Also noteworthy: back at the time of his election (as mentioned at the first site)
"Americans who greatly disapprove of Bush's major policies -- nearly 60% disapprove of the Iraq war and 63% disapprove of torture under any circumstances.
(That was the end of 2004! Now don't tell me that people changed their minds taht quickly. More than half of the people disapproved of his handling of Iraq, and that's his supposed strong point. Is it just me or did he steal this election?)

Another interesting poll:

Asked two years ago if they were "certain that the U.S. will win" the war with Iraq, 79% of those polled said yes. The answer last weekend: 22%.
The other side of that question has turned sharply as well. Two years ago, just 1% of those polled thought it was unlikely or certain that the U.S. would not win the war with Iraq. The latest result: 41%.

At least some of the American people are starting to wake up and smell the coffee. However, I don't believe they were always asleep. People were awake and against Bush at the time of the election. I had always believed that Bush had stole the election and this gives me reaffirmation of that fact.

2 Comments:

  • At 5/17/2006 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Human said…

    The people who were right all along, US! are the ones to be listened to.
    A real good book about how the 2000 election was stolen is Greg Palast's
    "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy."
    If you have not read it you should.
    Peace.

     
  • At 5/26/2006 03:40:00 PM, Blogger Ellie said…

    i'll take a look at that when I get some time. an intersting book on the stealing of the 2004 election is "truth" by Al Franken. It amazes me how Bush managed to steel not only one election...but two. And even though they stole some votes, its amazing how they managed to brainwash people both times. Poeple never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Headlines from the Impeachment 

Blogosphere
Provided by First Sustainable
Add this box to your site
Add your feed to this box