Political Hot Spot

Sunday, April 16, 2006

This is a very interesting article I found in The New York Times from April 10.

Some chilling statistics:

The New York Times at www.nytimes.com
taken from: The New York Times

The statistics are even more striking among West Point graduates. After five years the retention rate of students in:
class of 2004 - 78.1 percent
class of 2005 - 65.8 precent
So, last year the Army lost more than a third (34.2 percent) of officers as they completed their initial five year commitment.

Later in the article it is stated that they made a new program that managed to recruit more people. But still, this is very scary. I don't blame these officers for quitting. However, this means that troops aren't being trained in America at the rate that we think they are. The 133,000 troops that are over in Iraq are going to have to be sent home at some point. Although I think we should get our troops home, we can't really do that right now. We are too far into this conflict and can't just pull out suddenly. Hopefully we will get out soon and we won't need these officers that are being trained right now. However, if we stay in Iraq, the officers over there will want to come home and we will have no one to fill their spots.

4 Comments:

  • At 4/19/2006 12:41:00 AM, Blogger Human said…

    Ellie as I posted at Morning Martini(Pissed off Patricia)
    The above comment by "human" is not by the same one above that. It is obviously Hellpig. Note the time between the 2 posts. If he can do this to me, he can do it to you or anyone of my friendlies or commenters. I went to blogger help and I am not the only one this has happened to.

    He mirrowred it some where. So the only thing to do is report it to blogger and comcast. His is presently a Comcast account.
    His IP address is
    24.22.230.14

    his OS is - OS Microsoft WinME

    to report nerwork abuse -
    abuse@comcast.net

    to get a free site meter go here -
    sitemeter

     
  • At 4/19/2006 01:14:00 AM, Blogger Ellie said…

    thanks for the warning and the info. I didn't know someone could do that. its kind of freeky. thanks also for the link to the free site meter. I'm thinking of downloading one.

     
  • At 4/19/2006 01:26:00 AM, Blogger Human said…

    You should It will id him so you can tell if it is him. The upgraded version costs. 6.95

     
  • At 4/19/2006 04:33:00 PM, Blogger Ellie said…

    i signed up for one. They're sending me an e-mail and then it should show up on my site. I think I'm going to stick to the regular one for now...maybe I'll get the upgraded version later. (I'm cheap. lol.) Is it 6.95 a month or just 6.95 to purchase the software??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Headlines from the Impeachment 

Blogosphere
Provided by First Sustainable
Add this box to your site
Add your feed to this box