Political Hot Spot

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bush Impersonations

Here are some of my favorites from Colbert's Presidential Smackdown. Here's the full transcript.

On Bush's poll numbers: "Now I know there's some polls out there that say this man has a 32 percent approval rating. But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality.' And 'reality' has a well known liberal bias."

"Pay no attention to people who say the glass is half empty...Because 32 percent means it's 2/3 empty. There's still some liquid in that glass, is my point. But I wouldn't drink it. The last third is usually backwash."

On Iraq: "I believe that the government that governs best is a government that governs least, and by these standards we have set up a fabulous government in Iraq."

On Cheney's hunting mishap: "To sit here at the same table with my hero, George W. Bush...I feel like I'm dreaming. Somebody pinch me. You now what, I'm a pretty sound sleeper, that may not be enough...Somebody shoot me in the face."

On global warming: "[Talking to Jesse Jackson] is like boxing a glacier...Enjoy that metaphor, by the way, because your grandchildren will have no idea what a glacier is."

I also found this really funny impersonation by Will Ferrell on global warming. A little old but still funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Headlines from the Impeachment 

Blogosphere
Provided by First Sustainable
Add this box to your site
Add your feed to this box