Political Hot Spot

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I finally got rid of that really annoying side bar. yes!! of course now its on the bottom and so it's still not where it's supposed to be, but that's good enough for right now. Does anyone know how to fix it?? Also, the timestamp for the date is wrong sometimes...anyone know how to fix it??

Moussaoui just got life imprisonment today instead of the death penalty. (Article here.) I have to admit that I'm surprised. I thought that he would be found guilty and it would be seen as Bush finally doing somethign about September 11th. After all, we haven't found bin Laden and all we've managed to do is attack an innocent country for a reason fabricated by Bush. However, what the defence argued was true...if Moussaoui was sentenced to death, he would be a martyr for his cause. Also it would spark many legal battles. a.k.a. this situation would keep resurfacing over and over and finally the execution would be a huge deal. It's definately better that he was given life in prison. I am against the death penalty, but also I don't want Bush hiding behind his death and making it look like he's done something towards gaining justice for the people who lost their lives on 9/11.

I'll be gone for about a week and a half. I have so much to do. I'll check back occaisionally but I won't have much time.

3 Comments:

  • At 5/04/2006 01:46:00 PM, Blogger Kathleen Callon said…

    If you don't want it you can delete it. If you do want it, I'm not sure how to fix it.

     
  • At 5/10/2006 09:59:00 PM, Blogger Ellie said…

    Thanks kathleen. I do want it, but I don't know how to get it on the side and not on the top where you have to scroll down or on the bottom where I can't see it.

     
  • At 5/14/2006 09:11:00 PM, Blogger billie said…

    i don't know about the sidebar- but the time stamp can be fixed from the post when you sign in. sign in and whatever post you are working on has comment section at the bottom. click on it and that is where to change the date and time. i think you have to change the coding in the template section to monkey with the side bar.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Headlines from the Impeachment 

Blogosphere
Provided by First Sustainable
Add this box to your site
Add your feed to this box