Political Hot Spot

Tuesday, July 04, 2006



Happy July 4th everyone!! The 30 minutes that are left of it at least. I've been very busy lately. I thought the workload would lighten up now that the summer has come but unfortunately that wasn't the case...

My last posting was on Gitmo and how rights are being denied there. My friend over at Politiques USA has a great post on that and how it is fueling terrorism and tarnishing America's image at the same time. I strongly agree with this. I also don't think Bush cares that he is fueling terrorism. In his eyes, he may view fueling terrorism as a positive thing, because then people will believe him when he goes on about how bad the threat is. Also, it might scare the American people into voting Republican come 2006 and 2008. as for tarnishing America's image, Bush doesn't seem to care about that one either. He just shrugs it off as if we are the crusaders who are on a holy mission to save the world and the rest of the world just hasn't seen the danger yet. My question: the rest of the world saw 9/11 happen, they saw us invade Iraq, they've seen what has been happening at Gitmo. Why should we think that we have more knowledge than they do?? they know that terrorists are dangerous, but they also know that we're not handling it in the best way possible. Iraq was the first time that the US has ever invaded a country without being struck first. That was a point of honor that the US would never invade a country unless attacked. Now, that's gone down the drain thanks to Bush. It'll take a lot for the world to ever gain the confidence it had in us before the Bush presidency.

9 Comments:

  • At 7/04/2006 11:59:00 PM, Blogger Obob said…

    Happy Fourth

     
  • At 7/05/2006 09:53:00 AM, Blogger billie said…

    no honor amoung thieves- and the current regime has stolen our country.

     
  • At 7/05/2006 04:21:00 PM, Blogger celticfire said…

    Hi! Haven't visited in a while, your blog it looking great, a lot of critical thinking going on over here!:)

     
  • At 7/05/2006 11:40:00 PM, Blogger Ellie said…

    obob - you too!!

    betmo - definately!!

    celtic fire - thanks!! come over anytime :)

     
  • At 7/06/2006 11:56:00 PM, Blogger steven rix said…

    Happy 4th, 2 days later, but the heart is here!

     
  • At 7/07/2006 01:07:00 PM, Blogger Robert said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7/07/2006 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Obob said…

    ellie, where are ya?

     
  • At 7/08/2006 09:47:00 PM, Blogger Human said…

    Hi Ellie. I've been a tad busy so I have not been online much. I see you have been too.
    See ya around.
    Peace.

     
  • At 7/08/2006 11:25:00 PM, Blogger Ellie said…

    politiques USA - thanks!

    obob - I've been soo busy it's insane. some days I don't even get home till around 9:30. lately everything has just piled up like crazy. I'm so tired out from work and when I get home I have even more to do for the next day. Then I'm just so exhausted I flop into bed. not much time for being online. I'm hoping things will lighten up soon...VERY SOON. :)

    scie-kid - thanks, you too.

    human - the work never seems to want to go away...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Headlines from the Impeachment 

Blogosphere
Provided by First Sustainable
Add this box to your site
Add your feed to this box